Monthly Pottery Studio Membership - Handbuilding and Wheel Throwing
Monthly ARTworks Vass Pottery Memberships are here!
To join us, purchase this $0 listing to activate your membership. Then, by the next business day you'll receive a link to make your first payment, and to establish automatic monthly payments for membership
Monthly memberships are perfect for beginners who want to create in a community environment, and they work equally well for more advanced potters seeking a place to expand their practice.
What does ARTworks Vass Pottery Membership include?
- 10 pounds of clay issued at the beginning of each month.
- 8 hours of time in our studio each month.
- 1 full shelf in a Bisque Kiln Firing each month.
- 1 full shelf in a Glaze Kiln Firing each month.
- 1 Metal Drawer to hold your personal tools and supplies.
- Use of our Slab Roller.
- Use of our Pottery Wheels
- Use of our hand tools, and we have a ton of them!
- Use of our Cone 6 Glazes and Underglazes
- More fun than you ever thought possible with the nicest people you can imagine!
- All at a cost of $79 per month, with monthly automatic electronic payments.
Other Important Information
- Our studio clay is a Cone 6 Speckled Brownstone by Highwater Clay.
- We use a variety of commercially prepared and hand mixed glazes. All will fire to Cone 6, and we typically fire to 2200 degrees during our glaze firings.
- Additional clay may be purchased at $6 per pound and in increments of 5 or 10 pounds. This cost includes tool and equipment use, glazing, and bisque and glaze firing.
- Additional Studio Time over 8 hours may be purchased at a cost of $8 per hour.
- Additional space in our Bisque Kiln or our Glaze Kiln may be purchased at a cost of $30 per shelf, $55 per half kiln, and $105 per full kiln.
- For all glaze firings, each piece must be clear of glaze on the bottom to prevent sticking. If work is not properly cleaned, we'll contact you to discuss the manner in which you'd like us to proceed. You may opt to clean the ware yourself at a later time, or we'll be happy to clean it for you at the cost of $1 - $5 per piece based on size and the level of detail. Under no circumstances will pieces with glaze on the bottoms be fired in our kilns. If we can't reach you, your work will be held for our next Glaze Kiln Firing.
- As scheduling allows, "Rush Firing Service" will permit you to jump to the front of the line for a bisque or glaze kiln firing at an additional cost of $50 plus firing costs.
- We fire a Bisque Kiln and a Glaze Kiln at a minimum of two times each month, and generally more frequently.
- Extra Studio Hours may transfer from month to month.
- Studio Time is available now on a drop-in basis, with sign up required for our largest wheel. As we grow, we'll implement scheduling for studio time as needed.
- Kiln space will not transfer from month to month.
- For the purpose of membership, a full kiln shelf is sized at 26.5 inches across, less the space that it takes for 8 posts to hold the shelf. Your Full Kiln Shelves will also allow for 9 inches of vertical space. (When be happy to show you this in person!)
- In order to use our Pottery Wheels, we ask that you complete at least one Wheel Throwing Session with our Resident Pottery Instructors.
- While you'll pick up tips, tricks, and best practices from your fellow Artists, no formal pottery instruction is included in our memberships.
- We take the safety of our Members and Guests seriously, and we have a strict "Leave It Better and Cleaner Than You Found It Policy". We ask that you allow at least 30 minutes to clean your workspace at the end of your studio time.
- Wheel use will not be available during scheduled throwing classes, and you can find our class schedule under the "Classes and Events" tab at the top of this page.
- The Pottery Classroom Space will not be available during scheduled classes. You will be able to hand build in another location in the studio during these times.
- We welcome those age 14 and older to become Members of the ARTworks Vass Pottery Studio. Younger Members will be considered on a case-by-case basis, or they may join with an adult. (Please contact us before registering if you have questions.)
- Unless other arrangements are made, work created by Members will be held up to 6 months. After 6 months, your pieces will be recycled. We're also happy to ship at your cost upon request.
- Dress to mess! And bring an apron if you'd like to use one.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
We'll do our best to ensure your success, and procedures for best practices will be posted throughout the studio. By choosing to fire your pottery with ARTworks Vass, you shall indemnify and hold us harmless for any pieces that crack, break, blister, explode, and also for those that achieve an unsatisfactory result. Furthermore, you may be responsible for any damage to our kilns cause by your pieces should they, melt, explode, or damage the kiln during an otherwise proper firing.
Register online here, or contact us with your questions at 910-245-4129.